St Joseph's maintain a high level of care for each student; enabling each individual to develop at a pace and manner appropriate to them.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School is committed to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of all our pupils.
We ensure all safeguarding and child protection arrangements are fit for purpose and this is priority area for all staff. Systems and procedures are constantly evaluated to ensure that they remain robust and effective so our pupils are safe.
If you have any safeguarding concerns that you would like to talk about, please contact a member of the Safeguarding Team.
Safeguarding is not just protecting children from deliberate harm, it includes:
- Health and safety
- Racist abuse
- Harassment and discrimination
- Prevention of radicalisation
- Use of physical intervention
- Meeting needs of pupils with medical conditions
- Providing first aid
- Drug and substance misuse
- Educational visits
- Intimate care
- Internet safety
- School security
- Child self help to keep themselves safe
- Rigour of governing body procedures to ensure health, safety and well-being of all staff and pupils in school
- The effectiveness of school’s work with agencies to ensure health and well-being
- Risk assessments to manage or eliminate risks
- Extended school procedures and provision
- Severe Weather
Our Schools Designated Safeguarding Leads: